LOCALIZATION IN THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
A TOOL FOR PATIENT SAFETY, FIRST AID PROCESS MANAGEMENT AND STAFF SAFETY
TapMyLife TapMyLife is a platform for monitoring the position of patients dipending on the accuracy level needed: room, ward, building or critical points such as stairs and exits.
The objectives of the solution:
- safety for critical and fragile patients (Alzheimer, psychiatric, pediatric, rehabilitation);
- monitoring of the position within a safe area defined by the facility;
- real-time localization for the control of wandering patients;
- monitoring of unattended areas
- sensors for
immobility detection and bed abandonment.
The risk of abandonment and fall are monitored in real time by a system of wearable sensors and an inexpensive, standard and easy to install detection network.
The traceability of alarms is a highly parametric and detailed process, which can be integrated into the safety procedures of the facility in order to guarantee the quality of the services offered to the patients.
- Patient position analysis through a wearable device associated with the triage code;
- Real-time detection on the digital map of the facility;
- Identification of possible situations out of control.
Definition of different safety profiles
- Definition of different safety profiles, which can be set for each guest according to their cognitive and walking abilities;
- Definition of a security perimeter (named "safe area") which causes an immediate alarm when crossed by a certain patient;
- Ability to define the displacement of individual patients in specific areas and at specific times, according to their psychophysical state.
A complete management of the alarm event
- complete traceability of the alarm management process;
- Identification of a procedure for the evidence of alarm reception and management events;
- Possibility of triggering alarms by competence according to the operator responsible for each floor;
- Possibility of checking and verifying log information about the the whole process;
- Alarm event can be searched by the platform for reconstructing the events.
NOTIFICATION TO THE OPERATORS
Total flexibility in forwarding notifications to operators
- Alarm notifications can be forwarded via smartphone, tablet, pc and email;
- Type of notification can be configured in a flexible way in relation to profile, type of user and time slots;
- Possibility of viewing the event also on a digital map of the facility.
Bluetooth Low Energy, iBeacon, Eddystone
Our solutions use BLE technology in iBeacon or Eddystone versions to ensure an efficient platform at a much lower cost than RFID technology.
Our research on this technology has been awarded with the Seal of Excellence from the European Commission, , with a study showing an 18 months return on investment simply by reducing the amount of time the staff has to spend looking for medical assets.
The technology can be implemented in healthcare environmentsdue to the absence of electromagnetic interferences with devices or existing infrastructures and due to the lower sensitivity compared to metallic and liquid materials.
The use of a commercial non-proprietary infrastructure allows to expand the possibilities of implementation and integration with existing or future solutions, as well as guarantee acost reduction in comparison to proprietary solutions such as most RFid projects.