THE SOLUTION THAT MAKES HEALTHCARE FACILITIES ACCESSIBLE ALSO TO BLIND PEOPLE
VOICE-GUIDED AND INTERACTION WITH THE RECEPTION SOLUTION
Accessibility is considered a “precondition ” to allow all people to fully enjoy all human rights and fundamental freedoms.
TapMyLife helps blind citizens to find their way around and interact with the reception solutions of the facilities; this way they can reach the points of interest quickly and use the services they need. The solution has a high social impact, especially for healthcare facilities.
TapMyLife allows all users to have a useful navigator directly on their smartphone; this way, they can reach outpatient clinics and departments quickly.
It is a simple, cheap and innovative infrastructure to support staff, patients and users; it does not require any structural intervention (masonry, electrical system, network, wi-fi) and works even without connectivity.
The self-maintenance of the contents through a convenient web interface makes the application always aligned with the frequent changes hospitals usually go through.
The so called “Health for all” solution went through a co-design and a joint implementation process; it has been awarded with a patronage by the Italian Union of Blind and visually impaired people ETS-APS.
Ospedali da Sogno, Le Iene
Project of the Italian union of blind people
Accessibility check at Ferrara Hospital
APPLICATION AREAS OF INDOOR NAVIGATION
TapMyLife awarded by the Italian Union of Blind and Visually Impaired People in Emilia Romagna
- National patronage from the Italian Union of Blind and Visually Impaired People for the project “Accessibility and Reception for all in Healthcare Facilities”;
- Full usability of the solution by blind and visually impaired users;
- “Seal of Excellence” award from the European Commission due to the effectiveness of the project.
A smartphone navigator for reaching quickly clinics, departments and points of interest
- Mobile application (Android & iOS) for indoor and outdoor navigation;
- Real time localization of the user’s position;
- Optimized interface for a walk-through guide (eg. Google Maps);
- Multi-floor navigation;
- Information screen for collecting useful information for the user (opening hours, phone numbers, access information);
- Differentiated routes for users with disabilities;
- Identification of the shortest route to reach the point of interest;
- Multi-language application.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR USER WITH DISABILITIES
The solution that makes the facility accessible to users with disabilities and to foreigners
- Differenciated routes for users with reduced motor abilities;
- Use of voice feedbacks (talk-back and voice-over) for blind and visually impaired people;
- Console for the independent editing of the points of interest, with the language management of all the descriptions.
Integration with reception systems for the automation of the reception process
- Automatic user recognition by qr-code scan / link directly on the user’s smartphone;
- Notification to the medical office of the patient’s arrival in the waiting room;
- Identification of the treatment and routing to it (specialist examination, reservation, report collection);
- Integration with queuing management systems;
- Integration with payment systems;
- Integration with «skip-the-line»systems;
- Preservation of the already made investments.
CASE HISTORY SOLUZIONE NON VEDENTI
Bluetooth Low Energy, iBeacon, Eddystone
Our solutions use BLE technology in iBeacon or Eddystone versions to ensure an efficient platform at a much lower cost than RFID technology.
Our research on this technology has been awarded with the Seal of Excellence from the European Commission, , with a study showing an 18 months return on investment simply by reducing the amount of time the staff has to spend looking for medical assets.
The technology can be implemented in healthcare environmentsdue to the absence of electromagnetic interferences with devices or existing infrastructures and due to the lower sensitivity compared to metallic and liquid materials.
The use of a commercial non-proprietary infrastructure allows to expand the possibilities of implementation and integration with existing or future solutions, as well as guarantee acost reduction in comparison to proprietary solutions such as most RFid projects.