AN EFFECTIVE MONITORING TOOL FOR THE SAFETY OF PATIENTS WITH COGNITIVE DISORIENTATION
TapMyLife’s active patient safety services are based on artificial intelligence and image recognition systems for:
- widespread and active patient control of with simple cameras installed in the rooms (only for fragile patients);
- control of critically ill patients directly from the Nursing Sation or from a smartphone provided to operators;
- alarm scalability in case of abnormal movements (eg. patient tries to get out of bed without assistance, patient falls or leaves the room);
- alert to the closest operator;
- visual check of the situation from the Nursing Station’s console or from the smartphone provided;
- assistance to the patient in real time in order to prevent risk situations.
The risk of extubation, getting out of bed, slipping / falling are monitored in real time by a wearable sensor system and a cheap, standard and easy to install detection network.
No need for physical restraint thanks to an active prevention system: the traceability of alarms is a highly parametric and detailed process that is integrated into the safety procedures of the facility in order to guarantee the quality of the services offered to patients.
Real-time visualization of the patient position
- Complete platform for a real-time detection of the position and presence of the patient inside the bed;
- Prevention of risk events related to getting out of bed and falling;
- Detection of the position of the extremities with respect to the shape of the bed (exit prevention);
- Optimization of the assistance activities of the staff through a system that minimizes false positive;
- Management of the presence of nurses in the room to avoid any interference with the system.
Definition of different safety profiles
- Definition of different safety profiles, which can be set for each guest according to their cognitive and walking abilities;
- Definition of a security perimeter (named "safe area") which causes an immediate alarmi when crossed by a certain patient;
- Ability to define the displacement of individual patients in specific areas and at specific times, according to their psychophysical state;
- Profile management and association with specific operators (also by time slots) for the alarm management.
A complete management of the alarm event
- complete tracking of the alarm management process through smart devices (smartphone, tablet, PC);
- Identification of a procedure for the evidence of alarm reception and management events;
- Possibility of checking and verifying log information about the the whole process;
- Alarm event can be searched by the platform for reconstructing the events.
NOIFICATION TO THE OPERATORS
Total flexibility in forwarding notifications to operators
- Alarm notifications can be forwarded via smartphone, tablet, pc and email;
- Type of notification can be configured in a flexible way in relation to profile, type of user and time slots;
- Possibility of viewing the event also on a digital map of the facility.
Bluetooth Low Energy, iBeacon, Eddystone
Our solutions use BLE technology in iBeacon or Eddystone versions to ensure an efficient platform at a much lower cost than RFID technology.
Our research on this technology has been awarded with the Seal of Excellence from the European Commission, , with a study showing an 18 months return on investment simply by reducing the amount of time the staff has to spend looking for medical assets.
The technology can be implemented in healthcare environmentsdue to the absence of electromagnetic interferences with devices or existing infrastructures and due to the lower sensitivity compared to metallic and liquid materials.
The use of a commercial non-proprietary infrastructure allows to expand the possibilities of implementation and integration with existing or future solutions, as well as guarantee acost reduction in comparison to proprietary solutions such as most RFid projects.