TRACKING OF ASSETS AND ELECTROMEDICAL DEVICES
REAL-TIME LOCALIZATION WITHIN THE FACILITY AND MAINENTANCE MISSION MANAGEMENT
TapMyLife satisfies the need to identify the position of hospital assets within the healthcare facility, in order to allow a better rationalization of the medical staff’s time.
The solution consists of a simple, economical and innovative infrastructure, able to work both in open and closed environments, overcoming all the RFid solutions’ limitations (low reliability, high infrastructure cost) and GPS (which is not able to work indoors).
TapMyLife allows the hospital staff to view the position of the devices in real time, retrieving them quickly and reducing downtime significantly.
The administration is able to assign the operators asset research and maintainance missions, as well as to verify their use and track their displacement.
APPLICATION AREAS OF INDOOR NAVIGATION
DETECTION OF THE POSITION OF HOSPITAL ASSETS
A detailed and accurate detection of hospital assets
- Real-time display on the floor plan of the last available position of the asset;
- Localization through the detection of specific tags placed on the assets, with different levels of accuracy based on needs;
- Positioning functionality accessible via smartphone, tablet and fix workstation;
- Quick identification of the device for a better rationalization of the working time.
The innovative "auto-discovery" feature
- Innovative system for the detection of the asset position;
- Use of smartphones from the staff for an accurate real-time detection of the asset position;
- Low need for wired infrastructure;
- The solution can be integrated with the Indoor Navigation infrastructure.
Displacement history and data analysis
- Possibility of reconstructing the displacements of each asset over the time, analyzing historical data and highlighting the critical aspects related to the use (or non-use) of the device;
- Possibility of equipping the solution with a business intelligence system to facilitate data analysis and the creation of the statistics.
A tool for the optimization of maintenance activities
- Management of the staff’s "operational missions" (porterage, cleaning, security);
- Integration with the existing asset management system in order to identify the assets that need to be maintained;
- Scheduling of maintenance missions;
- Workload assignment to individual operators;
- Manual certification of the accomplishment of the maintenance mission (only near the asset);
- Overall efficiency improvement (optimization of intervention routes, reduction of non-interventions, cost reduction);
- Detection of the localization compliant with the security measures.
DISPLACEMENT TRACKING OUTDOORS
Asset monitoring also outdoors
- Complete monitoring of the asset, even in case of displacement outside the healthcare facility;
- Real-time tracking of the device also between non-communicating facilities (eg. hall, reception, corridors, ...) thanks to the use of the GPS signal;
- Displacement record also in areas not covered by detection antennas.
A complete management of the alarm event
- Definition of a security perimeter (named "safe area") which causes an immediate alarm if crossed by the device;
- Alarm tracking for issuance, delivery and action taken by staff, with notifications that can be forwarded via smartphone, PC, email, call and SMS;
- Notifications for the visualization of the alarm event also on the digital map of the facility.
Bluetooth Low Energy, iBeacon, Eddystone
Our solutions use BLE technology in iBeacon or Eddystone versions to ensure an efficient platform at a much lower cost than RFID technology.
Our research on this technology has been awarded with the Seal of Excellence from the European Commission, , with a study showing an 18 months return on investment simply by reducing the amount of time the staff has to spend looking for medical assets.
The technology can be implemented in healthcare environmentsdue to the absence of electromagnetic interferences with devices or existing infrastructures and due to the lower sensitivity compared to metallic and liquid materials.
The use of a commercial non-proprietary infrastructure allows to expand the possibilities of implementation and integration with existing or future solutions, as well as guarantee acost reduction in comparison to proprietary solutions such as most RFid projects.