AUTOMATIC DETECTION OF THE SURGICAL PATIENT’S LOGISITC ROUTE
ACCESS TIMES AND OCCUPATION OF THE SURGICAL AREAS
The operating block represents the production area of a healthcare facility.
Its efficiency is an indispensable aspect, that starts with a correct patient logistics by means of a precise measurement and monitoring platform.
TapMyLife provides an automatic solution for monitoring the position and the accesstimes to the different spaces of the operating block and detecting the occupancy status of the rooms. The solution is able to support operations and to analyze the performances.
The solution has a two objectives:
- providing a measurement tool that supports the optimization process by identifying the opportunities and criticalities of the process;
- offering a "logistic" operational management solution integrated with real processes and automatic communication systems.
The solution is integrated with the main operating room management softwares (eg. “OrmaWeb” by Dedalus); therefore, the collected data can be re-used by the applications who are already being used by the facility, preserving the investments and reducing to zero the time required to enter the mandatory information for the drafting of the surgical report.
TRACEABILITY AND LOCALIZATION OF THE SURGICAL PATIENT
TIME INSIDE THE OPERATING BLOCK
Automatic detection of the logistic times
- Automatic detection of the access times to the different areas of the operating block;
- Integration with the main softwares for medical record management, with automatic compilation of the information;
- Management of the exit from the department, access to the block, prep-room, operating room, recovery room, intensive care, exit from the block and return to the department;
- Adaptability of the solution to the actual logistic flow of the healthcare facility;
- Adaptability of the solution to the single surgery, also managing exceptions (e.g.preparation missed / joint medical record, intraoperative diagnostics);
- Manual detection of surgical / anesthesiological times via touch screen.
OPERATING ROOMS’ OCCUPANCY STATUS
Automatic detection of the rooms’ occupancy
- Web console for checking the operating block status through a synoptic display;
- Localization system for single patient with historical data analysis;
- Visualization of the occupancy status of operating rooms, recovery rooms, prep-rooms and intensive care rooms;
- Display of the time spent in the block and in the different areas;
- Visualization of the surgery progress;
- Visualization of the transiting patients;
- Turn-over, occupancy and first access time analysis;
- Trend analysis with respect to planning;
- Exportability of the information in tabular and graphic form, on the floor plan of the facility or a monitor.
OPERATIONAL ALERT MANAGEMENT
Facilitated logistic through operational alerts and call to the department
- Operational alerts for the operating block staff regarding the surgery progress (eg. notification of prep-room vacancy, "last suture", transiting patient);
- Alert for excessive surgery duration or delays from the schedule (after integration with the scheduling solution);
- Alarm messages for room use that are not compliant with the schedule (after integration with room management solution);
- Patient call to the department via management console, with full traceability;
- Real time analysis of the time between the call to the department and the actual exit of the patient.
COMMUNICATION WITH CAREGIVERS2>
Multi-channel communication with relatives
- Application dedicated to caregivers for following the surgery process of their relative;
- The information can be viewed on a smartphone or on a dedicated panel (e.g. entrance to the operating block, surgery start, surgery end, return to the department);
- Automatic notifications on Android or iOS App;
- Level of sharing is fully customizable;
- Full compliance with GDPR regulations via qr-code or personal PIN.
INTEGRATION WITH THE EXISTING SOFTWARE
- Integration with hospitalization and release management solutions (ADT)
- Compatibility with data importation and exportation of some of the most known operating room management systems (medical record);
- Integration with surgery scheluding systems for final balance and real-time planning;
- Data export to external data analysis systems (business intelligence).
CASE HISTORY OPERATING BLOCK
Bluetooth Low Energy, iBeacon, Eddystone
Our solutions use BLE technology in iBeacon or Eddystone versions to ensure an efficient platform at a much lower cost than RFID technology.
Our research on this technology has been awarded with the Seal of Excellence from the European Commission, , with a study showing an 18 months return on investment simply by reducing the amount of time the staff has to spend looking for medical assets.
The technology can be implemented in healthcare environmentsdue to the absence of electromagnetic interferences with devices or existing infrastructures and due to the lower sensitivity compared to metallic and liquid materials.
The use of a commercial non-proprietary infrastructure allows to expand the possibilities of implementation and integration with existing or future solutions, as well as guarantee acost reduction in comparison to proprietary solutions such as most RFid projects.