A SOLUTION FOR WELCOMING UNIVERISITY VISITORS
A SATNAV THAT HELPS PEOPLE REACH CLASSROOMS, STUDY HALLS, COMMON AREAS AND POINTS OF INTEREST
TapMyLife helps university visitors to reach quickly the points of interest, through a high-impact and highly visible solution.
TapMyLife provides the users with a navigator directly on their smartphone, in order to quickly reach classrooms, external areas, points of interest and services.
It is a simple, cheap and innovative infrastructure supporting visitors and staff; it doesn’t require any structural intervention (masonry, electrical systems, network, wi-fi) and it’s able to run even without connectivity.
If necessary, the solution can be integrated with existing applications, in order to preserve investments and deliver more functionalities and services to the user.
Self-managed content maintenance via a convenient web interface makes the application always in line with the frequent changes typical of universities.
The solution is an indispensable tool for guiding visitors in the university; its use allows to have better spread and grouping processes of the users.
On top of that, it provides the staff support in ordinary and extraordinary management activities.
- Smartphone satnav to quickly reach classrooms, common areas and points of interest;
- Mobile application (Android and iOS) for indoor and outdoor navigation of the university;
- Optimized interface for a walk-through guide (eg. Google Maps);
- Multi-floor navigation;
- Information screen for collecting useful information (lesson times, phone numbers, access information …);
- Differentiated routes for users with disabilities;
- Identification of the shortest route to reach the point of interest;
- Multi-language application.
INDEPENDENT CONTENT MANAGEMENT
- Easy management of the variation of the points of interest;
- Web platform for the autonomous management of the points of interest;
- Integration with solutions for the management of university spaces;
- Management of the points of interest directly on the university’s floorplan;
- Entry of information related to the points of interest through an easy interface;
- Integration with static signage for maintenance support;
- Incremental APP update at every restart that takes into account all the changes.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR USERS WITH DISABILITIES
- Differenciated routes for users with reduced motor abilities;
- Use of voice feedbacks (Talk-back and voice-over) for visually impaired people;
- Console for the independent editing of the points of interest, with language management of all the descriptions.
- Notification at the entry of the university perimeter and communication of app's features;
- Rapid communication with users based on their profile (passengers/university staff) and their position for the management of emergencies or service communications.
STUDENT ATTENDANCE CHECK
- Certification of students’ attendance in the classroom during the lesson;
- Possibility of information automation based on the didactic agenda and the presence of the student;
- Possibility of making the information available to third-party IT solutions;
- Data collection about the actual crowding of the classrooms for an optimal resource management.
- Call localization system for users in dangerous situations;
- Possibility of activation via iOS and Android application;
- Alarm sending to a control room, with visualization on the map of the position that originated it;
- Possibility of directing rescue teams to the emergency point;
- Management of the position of safety devices (fire extinguishers, defibrillators, …) on the floorplan;
- The solution can only be activated nearby the university.
STAFF SUPPORT AND FACILITY MISSION
- Support for operational missions (surveillance, maintenance, cleaning, …);
- Task assignment according to the position.
Bluetooth Low Energy, iBeacon, Eddystone
Our solutions use BLE technology in iBeacon or Eddystone versionsto ensure an efficient platform at a much lower cost than RFID technology..
Our research on this technology has been awarded with the Seal of Excellence from the European Commission, with a study showing an 18 months return on investment simply by reducing the amount of time the staff has to spend looking for medical assets.
The technology can be implemented in healthcare environments due to the absence of electromagnetic interferences with devices or existing infrastructures and due to the lower sensitivity compared to metallic and liquid materials..
The use of a commercial non-proprietary infrastructure allows to expand the possibilities of implementation and integration with existing or future solutions, as well as guarantee a cost reduction in comparison to proprietary solutions such as most RFid projects.