A SOLUTION FOR WELCOMING VISITORS ON CRUISE SHIPS
A SATNAV THAT HELPS PEOPLE MOVE SAFELY WITHIN THE SHIP AREA
TapMyLife helps cruise ship visitors to reach quickly the points of interest, through a high-impactand highly visible solution.
TapMyLife provides cruise ship visitors with a navigator directly on their smartphone, in order to quickly reach cabins, restaurants, external areas, points of interest and services.
It is a simple, cheap and innovative infrastructure supporting visitors and staff; it doesn’t require any structural intervention (masonry, eletrical system, network, Wi-Fi) and it’s able to run even without connectivity.
If necessary, the solution can be integrated with existing applications, in order to preserve investments and deliver more functionalities and services to the user.
Self-managed content maintenance via a convenient web interface makes the application always in line with the frequent changes typical of cruise ships.
The solution is an indispensable tool for guiding users in the ship; it use allows to have better spread and grouping processes of the clients.
On top of that, it provides the staff support in ordinary and extraordinary management activities.
- Smartphone satnav for quickly reaching cabins, restaurants, points of intereset and services;
- Mobile application (Android and iOS) for indoor and outdoor navigation of the ship;
- Optimized interface for a walk-through guide (eg. Google Maps);
- Multi-floor navigation;
- Information screen for collecting useful information (ship areas, opening times, phone numbers,...);
- Differentiated routes for user with disabilities;
- Identification of the shortest route to reach the point of interesent;
- Multi-language application.
INDEPENDENT CONTENT MANAGEMENT
- Easy management of the variation of the points of interest;
- Web platform for the autonomous management of the points of interest;
- Integration with solutions for the management of ship spaces;
- Management of the points of interest directly on the ship’s floorplan;
- Entry of information related to the points of interest through an easy interface;
- Integration with static signage for maintenance support;
- Incremental APP update at every restart that takes into account all the changes;
- Possibility to analyze ship flows information and system use statistics.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR USERS WITH DISABILITIES
- Differenciated routes for users with reduced motor abilities;
- Use of voice feedbacks (Talk-back and voice-over) for blind and visually impaired people;
- Console for the independent editing of the points of interest, with language management of all the descriptions.
- Language management of all descriptions.
- Notification at the entry of the ship perimeter and communication of app's features;
- Rapid communication with users based on their profile (passengers/ship staff) and their position for the management of emergencies or service communications.
- Cooperative anti-loss system based on smartphones or wearable devices for children or fragile people with supervisory profile for the parents;
- System for the detection of the position of the family members («Google Family» model);
- Complete system for the tracking of passengers during guided tours;
- Restricted areas check.
- Call localization system for passengers in dangerous situations;
- Possibility of activation via iOS and Android application;
- Alarm sending to a control room, with visualization on the map of the position that originated it;
- Possibility of directing rescue teams to the emergency point;
- Management of the position of safety devices (fire extinguishers, defibrillators, …) on the floorplan;
- Roll call at collection points;
- The solution can only be activated nearby the cruise ship.
MARKETING AND GAMIFICATION
- Entertainment activities for adults and children (treasure hunt, quiz) linked to the position, which can be shared on internal social media;
- Flow analysis of event redemption and marketing actions;
- Analysis of access and movement data and residence time (common areas, entertainment areas, restaurants);
- «push» marketing actions based on the passenger position.
- Rapid identification of the points of interest and the route to take within the facility;
- Access via company website (also in mobile version), with starting and finishing point selected by the user (manual localisation);
- Access via physical totem, with starting point identified automatically and arrival point selected by the user or according to an acceptance path (automatic localization).a
STAFF SUPPORT AND FACILITY MISSION
- Support for operational missions (surveillance, maintenance, cleaning, …);
- Mutual location sharing;
- Push messages based on staff location;
- Task assignment according to the position;
Bluetooth Low Energy, iBeacon, Eddystone
Our solutions use BLE technology in iBeacon or Eddystone versionsto ensure an efficient platform at a much lower cost than RFID technology..
Our research on this technology has been awarded with the Seal of Excellence from the European Commission, with a study showing an 18 months return on investment simply by reducing the amount of time the staff has to spend looking for medical assets.
The technology can be implemented in healthcare environments due to the absence of electromagnetic interferences with devices or existing infrastructures and due to the lower sensitivity compared to metallic and liquid materials..
The use of a commercial non-proprietary infrastructure allows to expand the possibilities of implementation and integration with existing or future solutions, as well as guarantee a cost reduction in comparison to proprietary solutions such as most RFid projects.