PATIENT TRANSPORTATION WITHIN HEALTHCARE FACILITIES
OPTIMIZATION OF PATIENT TRANSPORTATION THROUGH AN AUTOMATED SOLUTION
TapMyLife provides a single platform for the management of transport missions, in a logic of optimization of the activity that allows the reduction of distances and the facilitation of patient check-in and check-out processes.
The characteristics of the solution:
- Direct or planned transport request, that can be integrated with the registry systems already in use;
- Management of specific transport missions (need for a specific device and / or saff member, indication of the patient type, …);
- Identification of the operator / team closest to the departure point;
- Assignment of transport missions according to the workload of the operators;
- Management of individual limitations (specific restriction for certain staff members);
- Real-time transport monitoring from the Control Room and live chat with the operators;
- Route on the floor plan of the facility for the operator;
- Patient identification through manual control or reading of the hospitalization code;
- Patient release certification by qr-code scanning;
- Distress call from the operator.
Specific definition of every transportation mission
- Web platform for the management of transportation requests, which can be integrated with the registry systems already in use;
- Possibility to indicate specific transport needs for each mission (ADT data, departure and arrival, date and time, notes for the operator);
- Possibility of using patient hospitalization codes as a search key;
- Possibility of indicating the specific needs of one or more operators;
- Possibility to define the type of device needed (stretcher, oxygen, ...) and the type of patient to be transported (eg. covid patient);
- Possibility to include in the route the return to the starting point (eg. short transport mission for blood test).
A simple method for assigning missions
- Platform for assigning requests to operators, with optimization of distances and workloads;
- Mission assignement based on the proximity and on the operator’s workload;
- Management of specific restriction for certain operators (eg. transport has to be done only with certain tools, need for accompaniment);
- Transport scheduling through execution calendar for single operator or team.
Continuous communication with the control room
- Smartphone application for complete mission management;
- Notification to the operator with text message and live chat for any temporary need related to transport;
- Web console for the control of the transport phases, with explanatory status coding (assigned, running, delayed, concluded);
- Communication of essential information on mission progress (ticket type, name of operator who has it in charge, departure and arrival unit, ...);
- Possibility of grouping operators and binding them to a specific department (eg PS).
A custom made analysis dashboard
- Console for presenting to authorized users a transport analysis dashboard;
- Exportability of the information in Excel format for internal sharing;
- Possibility to define the indicators to be analyzed by time, Operating Unit, team, single operator;
- Dashboard layout adaptable to the actual needs.
OPERATING UNIT POSITIONING
An innovative tool for managing the points of interest
- Platform for the autonomous management of points of interest, by means of simple drag & drop operations on the map of the facility;
- Quick and easy management of desplacement, merge and creation of the departments;
- Possibility of adapting the transport needs of the patients to any layout change or different operating unit changes;
- Possibility of integrating the asset tracking feature within the mission management application.
Bluetooth Low Energy, iBeacon, Eddystone
Our solutions use BLE technology in iBeacon or Eddystone versions to ensure an efficient platform at a much lower cost than RFID technology.
Our research on this technology has been awarded with the Seal of Excellence from the European Commission, , with a study showing an 18 months return on investment simply by reducing the amount of time the staff has to spend looking for medical assets.
The technology can be implemented in healthcare environmentsdue to the absence of electromagnetic interferences with devices or existing infrastructures and due to the lower sensitivity compared to metallic and liquid materials.
The use of a commercial non-proprietary infrastructure allows to expand the possibilities of implementation and integration with existing or future solutions, as well as guarantee acost reduction in comparison to proprietary solutions such as most RFid projects.