A SOLUTION FOR USER RECEPTION IN HEALTHCARE FACILITIES
A NAVIGATION THAT HELPS PEOPLE TO REACH CLINICS, DEPARTMENTS AND POINTS OF INTEREST
TapMyLife helps the users navigate the facility to reach the points of interest quickly; a high-impact, high-visibility solution for large hospitals and healthcare facilities.
TapMyLife allows the users of the facility to have a useful navigator directly on their smartphone; this way, they can reach outpatient clinics and departments quickly.
It is a simple, cheap and innovative infrastructure to support staff, patients and users; it does not require any structural intervention (masonry, electrical system, network, wi-fi) and works even without connectivity.
If necessary, the solution can be seamlessly integrated with an existing application in order to preserve any investment and add functionality and services for the user.
The self-maintenance of the contents through a convenient web interface makes the application always aligned with the frequent changes hospitals usually go through.
An indispensable tool to guide users in the facility from the access for exams and visits to the fast-track emergency room and to support the staff in ordinary and extraordinary management activities.
APPLICATION AREAS OF INDOOR NAVIGATION
A smartphone navigator for reaching quickly clinics, departments and points of interest
- Mobile application (Android & iOS) for indoor and outdoor navigation;
- Real time localization of the user’s position;
- Optimized interface for a walk-through guide (eg. Google Maps);
- Multi-floor navigation;
- Information screen for collecting useful information for the user (opening hours, phone numbers, access information);
- Differentiated routes for users with disabilities;
- Identification of the shortest route to reach the point of interest;
- Multi-language application.
INDIPENDENT CONTENT MANAGEMENT
Easy management of the variation of the points of interest
- Web platform for the autonomous management of the points of interest
- Integration with solutions for the management of outpatient spaces
- Management of the points of interest directly on the facility’s floorplan
- Entry of information related to the points of interest through an easy interface
- Integration with static signage for maintenance support
- Incremental APP update at every restart that takes into account all the changes
Integration with reception systems for the automation of the reception process
- Automatic user recognition by qr-code scan / link directly on the user’s smartphone;
- Notification to the medical office of the patient’s arrival in the waiting room;
- Identification of the treatment and routing to it (specialist examination, reservation, report collection);
- Integration with queuing management systems;
- Integration with payment systems;
- Integration with «skip-the-line»systems;
- Preservation of the already made investments.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR USERS WITH DISABILITIES
The solution that makes the facility accessible to users with disabilities and foreigners
- Differenciated routes for users with reduced motor abilities;
- Use of voice feedbacks (Talk-back and voice-over) for blind and visually impaired people;
- Console for the independent editing of the points of interest, with language management of all the descriptions.
STAFF SUPPORT AND FACILITY MISSION
A walk-through for the staff, both for transportation and facility missions
- Management of the operational and facility missions of the staff (maintenance, cleanings, patient transport, porterage, catering);
- Integration with the patient transportation solution to reduce the route length and facilitate the check-in and check-out processes.
CASE HISTORY USER RECEPTION
Bluetooth Low Energy, iBeacon, Eddystone
Our solutions use BLE technology in iBeacon or Eddystone versions to ensure an efficient platform at a much lower cost than RFID technology.
Our research on this technology has been awarded with the Seal of Excellence from the European Commission, , with a study showing an 18 months return on investment simply by reducing the amount of time the staff has to spend looking for medical assets.
The technology can be implemented in healthcare environmentsdue to the absence of electromagnetic interferences with devices or existing infrastructures and due to the lower sensitivity compared to metallic and liquid materials.
The use of a commercial non-proprietary infrastructure allows to expand the possibilities of implementation and integration with existing or future solutions, as well as guarantee acost reduction in comparison to proprietary solutions such as most RFid projects.